A mattress should heal and not hurt you.
- You wake up tired. If you're sleeping through a full night and still wake up feeling exhausted, your mattress could be to blame.
- You wake up feeling sick. Many people are sensitive on off-gassing from chemical found in the bedsheets or mattress
- You suffer from allergies. ...
- You have back or body pain. ...
- You can't get comfortable. ...
- You can't remember how old it is.
Many mattresses manufactured over the last two decades may actually be bad for you. The western way to health has been typically to "target and destroy" the "bad". This sometimes mean choosing the lesser of two evils. Many old mattress contains copious amounts of chemicals to produce key features such as "Anti-Static" and "Anti-Dust Mite".
According to the Sleep Council, older mattresses—typically 10 years or older—provide a breeding ground for a variety of bacteria, including staphylococcus, enterococcus, norovirus, and, in rare cases, MRSA. Mold can also be an issue if your room gets humid, which is common in Singapore.
The Better Sleep Council recommends replacing your mattress every 7-10 years, depending on comfort and support. The truth is that the life of a mattress varies wildly, which depends on how you take care of it, how you sleep on it and how often you rotate it. Think of your mattress as performance gear for your sleep.
Change to a ShinJu Air Gel III Healing Mattress now.
Our new ShinJu Air Gel series mattresses use charcoal technology to reduce the toxic effect of modern day materials.