Animals hold meaning in feng shui and are believed to invite prosperity, health, and good fortune into your life when placed in an auspicious area in your home. They are also a great physical manifestation of your core beliefs and can serve as a reminder to be true to yourself.
If you’re unsure about which animal you identify with to select the rightanimal accent, then this article is for you!
The horse spirit animal symbolizes personal drive, passion and appetite for freedom. Among all the spirit animals, it is one that shows a strong motivation that carries one through life. The meaning of the horse varies depending on whether this animal spirit guide is represented as wild, tamed, moving freely or constrained. Horses, and specifically, tribute horses, were given laden with gifts and offerings from the competitor beaten in battle, and signifies beating the competition and reaping the rewards. It’s a symbol of rising in wealth, prestige and promotion.
Horses generally represent:
- A driving force, what you thrive for or carries you in life
- A secondary meaning for the horse spirit animal is the balance between instinctive and tamed part of your personality
- Sexual energy, especially – but not limited to – masculine energy
- Strong emotions, passionate desires
The owl spirit animal is emblematic of a deep connection with wisdom and intuitive knowledge. If you have the owl as a totem or power animal, you’re likely to have the ability to see what’s usually hidden to most. When the spirit of this animal guides you, you can see the true reality, beyond illusion and deceit. The owl also offers for those who have it a personal totem the inspiration and guidance necessary to deeply explore the unknown and the magic of life.
Symbolic meanings for the owl are:
- Intuition, ability to see what others do not see
- The presence of the owl announces change
- Capacity to see beyond deceit and masks
- The traditional meaning of the owl spirit animal is the announcer of death, most likely symbolic like a life transition, change
When you have the deer as a spirit animal, you are highly sensitive and have a strong intuition. By affinity with this animal, you have the power to deal with challenges with grace. You master the art of being both determined and gentle in your approach. The deer totem wisdom imparts those with a special connection with this animal with the ability to be vigilant, move quickly, and trust their instincts to get out the trickiest situations.
The meanings associated with the deer combine both soft, gentle qualities with strength and determination:
- Ability to move through life and obstacles with grace
- Being in touch with inner child, innocence
- Being sensitive and intuitive
- Vigilance, ability to change directions quickly
- Magical ability to regenerate, being in touch with life’s mysteries
In the realm of spirit animals, the lion wins the prize for most relentless fighter in the face of life challenges. The lion spirit animal represents courage, strength in overcoming difficulties. Stone lions have long been used as guardians for temples and wealthy residences. As the king of the jungle, you are brave and outspoken with leadership potential. Though a bit of a wild child, if you’ve got the heart of a Lion, you have the uncanny ability to stay motionless and silent.
The lion as a spirit animal or totem symbolizes:
- Strength, assertiveness, personal power
- Guardians of important assets such as wealth
- Great leaders, outspoken and brave personal traits
- Knows the right time to strike and when to stay silent, agile
In the realm of spirit animals, elephants are the most patient. It has a strong sense of wisdom due to its excellent memory, and it is believed that they can remember their past lives. Elephants are loyal and value commitment, doing anything to protect their offspring and showering unconditional love to their family. If you identify with the elephant, you have a gentle, sensitive, compassionate and nurturing quality to your personality. If provoked, you will not hesitate to bare your tusks.
The elephant as a spirit animal means:
- Patience, wisdom, strength
- Excellent memory
- Intense and unwavering loyalty to loved ones
- Strong familial bond, compassionate and nurturing qualities, valuing commitment over anything else
- Gentle, steady and kind until provoked, would do anything to protect their family
The fish in the spirit animal realm is symbolism of love. It means that you trust in your heart and follow your intuitions. It is a sign of balance and acceptance. Fish people accept life as it is and always find a way to survive. As a fish person, you have faith in the guidance of the spirits beyond and allow nature to take its course. Your philosophy is to not force things in life and let them come on their own. The fish spirit animal is also symbolic of independence and fierceness. They quickly adapt to life circumstances. The fish spirit guide is likely to help you develop your spirit and mind. As a result, you may have unerring gut instincts.
If you have the fish as your spirit animal, it means:
- Strong intuition and faith with lots of love to share
- Always seeking balance and amicable resolutions to disputes or challenges faced
- Independent and fierce, quickly adapts to changes in life
- Prefers to work in groups and seeks honest acceptance in all relationships
The ram in the realm of spirit animals represents the intellectual mind. The most prominent feature of the ram is its horns and these horns hold a powerful symbolic meaning. Since they rest on the head quite regally, it signifies your mental faculties. You like to stimulate your senses with new challenges. You tend to seek new opportunities that are out of your comfort zone because you get bored easily. As a ram person, you are in powerful positions of authority because of your quick-witted decisiveness that allows you to find solutions to any issue. Granted, you are often prone to be reserved. However, you have a broad approach to life. The ram gives you the courage to grab life by the horns, so to speak.
If you identify with the ram, you inhibit these qualities:
- A person of authority who is intelligent and quick witted with a certain stubbornness
- Acts decisively and quickly when facing new circumstances and issues, always has the solution
- Perseverant, philosophical, empathetic
- Brave to seek opportunities outside your comfort zone
- A reserved personality that requires some alone time to recharge
The rhinoceros spirit animal is known for its aggressive behavior and strong physical presence. It’s a powerful animal that represents substance, solidity, and stamina. When you have the rhinoceros totem as your guide, you are strong and determined. You are aggressive when it comes to opportunities, and you are fearless when it comes to a good challenge. You are also kind and warmhearted. You believe in the magic of love and the thrill of a great adventure. Although your impulsiveness can get you in trouble sometimes, you always find a way to turn things around. It’s as if you are blessed to be successful with any endeavor! You love social interaction, telling stories, and sharing experiences. When you love someone, you fight for them and stick with them through thick and thin. You are a confident risk taker. You are dangerous and exciting as you are steady and sure footed.
The rhinoceros holds multiple meanings:
- Power with substance, extremely grounded, strong stamina
- Impulsive and determined, aggressive when the right opportunity arises
- Loves a good challenge because of its tendency to be blessed in any endeavour
- A storyteller, friendly and approachable
In the kingdom of spirit animals, the tiger puts a special emphasis on raw feelings and emotions. The tiger spirit animal symbolizes primal instincts, unpredictability, and ability to trust yourself. By affinity with this spirit animal, you may enjoy dealing with life matters spontaneously, trusting your intuition and acting fast when needed. Tigers also symbolize robust health. Have you ever heard of the expression ‘strong like a tiger’? This points to the tiger’s close association with vitality and strength.
Common symbolism for the tiger is:
- Willpower, personal strength and courage
- In touch with your emotions and strong primal instincts
- Spontaneous nature, loves to be exploring
- Vitality and strength, enjoying robust health
The wolf offers some of the most striking animal meanings in the realm of spirit animals. The power of the wolf brings forth instinct, intelligence, appetite for freedom, and awareness of the importance of social connections. The wolf spirit animal acts as a pathfinder. This animal is a good guide whenever you feel cheated, misguided, and directionless. The wolf tells you to rely on your intuition and instincts in solving problems. Do not allow the noise and activity in your environment dampen your ability to make sober decisions.
In the spirit animal kingdom, the wolf symbolizes:
- Sharp intelligence, deep connection with instincts
- Appetite for freedom
- Expression of strong instincts
- Feeling threatened, lack of trust in someone or in yourself